Friday, November 11, 2011

Shabby Chic table!!

Okay, so I started this blog but forgot to post anything!! Haha, actually, the truth is I didn't have time to post anything and I've been busy with my youngin's. So, here I am about to start something that hopefully inpsires creativity in others. I love creativity. I don't get inspired everyday because I think I just forget to be open to being inspired. I get so caught up the day, but it really makes so excited to be inspired to create something or make something look pretty or more interesting. I will start with a small project I did not too long ago. We've had this table that I loved when it was given to us by our dear sister, my sis-in-law and her husband. Anyways, we've had it for a while and well, I just wanted to see it painted and shabby. So, I got out my paint and painted it black. Then, I got out my sand paper and scraped it all up. Here are the pics!
I will say this, I used a satin pain and a primer. The primer is NOT needed! All you need is a coat or maybe two and then let it dry. Once it's dry, get some sand paper and start scraping it up! This table needs more of a shabby look. But, hey, it was my first try! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment